Detailed Explain, Application and Test Apparatus of IK code testing
Issuing time:2022-12-06 16:26Source:PEGO GROUP
What is the IK code (Degrees of protection provided by enclosures for electrical equipment against external mechanical impacts)?
According to IEC62262 standard, it refers to the classification of the degrees of protection provided by enclosures against external mechanical impacts when the rated voltage of the protected equipment is not greater than 72.5KV. It use the IK code to indicate the degree of protection provided by an enclosure against harmful external mechanical impacts.
In cases where the relevant product committee decides that the marking of the IK-code shall be required, the marking requirements shall be detailed in the relevant product standard. Where appropriate, such a standard should also specify the method of marking which is to be used when
- one part of an enclosure has a different degree of protection to that of another part of the same enclosure
- the mounting position has an influence on the degree of protection.
The degree of protection provided by an enclosure against impacts is indicated by the IK code of the characteristic group numeral 00 to 11.
The application scope of IK code:
1. Computers: computers, display screens, hosts, computer components, medical equipment and other precision instruments;
2. Electronic communication: mobile phones, radio frequency devices, electronic communication components, etc.;
3. Electrical appliances: household appliances, lamps, transformers and other electrical appliances;
4. Others: packing boxes, transportation equipment, etc.
What test apparatus should be used for IK code test?
The Ik code test shall be done by one of the test apparatus of pendulum hammer, spring hammer, or vertical hammer recommended in IEC60068-2-75. Pego can help you for this, we have the relative test apparatus as below:
1. For pendulum hammer, Pego have 3 machines for selection
2. For spring hammer, Pego have the single spring-operated hammer and universal spring hammer for selection. The single spring hammer includes the IK01 spring hammer, IK02 spring hammer, IK03 spring hammer, IK04 spring hammer, IK05 spring hammer, IK06 spring hammer and IK07 spring hammer; the universal spring hammer is with 0.14J, 0.20J, 0.35J, 0.50J, 0.70J and 1.00J six selectable impact energies.
3. For vertical hammer, Pego have 2 test apparatus for selection
4. Except these, Pego also have the 2 in 1 test apparatus which can be used for pendulum hammer and vertical hammer named IK code impact testing machine.
Pego’s main products are UL and IEC test probes, spring hammer, IK impact testing machine, IP waterproof testing machines, glow wire tester, needle flame tester, tracking index tester, UL94 horizontal and vertical flame tester, electrical safety tester, ESD generator, surge generator, lamp cap & holder go and no go gauges, and etc.
If you find any interesting, please email email@example.com.